Sunday, February 17, 2013

Catching Up...

Starting to fall a bit behind on my postings here... Really don't want to do that. It's been a busy and somewhat emotionally draining week. Won't go into that right now, because I want to post my collage for this week's assignment of varying focal points. Before I show you my actual entry to the 2B group, let me share a couple failed attempts...




The two sets above were "failures," not because the images were poor, but because they are too busy. Well, the Lilac Bush set is too busy, with the dozens of twigs and branches. It wasn't pleasing to my eye, so I presumed it wouldn't please anyone else's either. Photos were processed with Kim Klassen's "Violet" texture (from her Downtown II collection); 12x4 template created in PSE11.

The Kitchen Window set is fun and colorful, but the images just didn't flow with the kind of look I was trying to achieve for this assignment. Photos processed with Kim's "Anna" texture, also from her Downtown II collection and the 5x7 template was created in PSE11.


Here is my chosen entry for the focal point assignment. This jade plant normally resides in my kitchen window (as seen above), but for this assignment, I moved it into the living room and set it on a table in front of the window. The stained glass butterfly belonged to my late mother and it always makes me smile to see it :) Photos processed with Kim's "Mary" and "Sybil" textures from her "Downtown" collection.  This is my very first project using LR and after several tries, I finally created a template I was happy with! Glad to have gotten my feet wet and look forward to learning more in this program.

TFL -- kimB

1 comment:

  1. I have been searching for a frameable "Simple Man" lyrics. I saw your work on another site. Can I order one from you? When I first heard this song a long time ago I was shocked because it was exaclty what my mom used to tell me. Like someone was sitting in the room. It ws the best advice and after being a little lost I came back to her advice and found true peace. I would like to share this with my boys and your artwork would be a great way to do that. Please let me know...greenfish59@yahoo.com thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to visit! I love hearing from my visitors, so please feel free to leave a comment anytime. Be Blessed!