Tuesday, February 5, 2013

"Life is Just a Bowl of Pine Cones..."

Another of Kim's challenges this week was to download her image of a bowl of pine cones and put our own twist on it. Her original photo is first and my rendition is next. I cropped the image to 8 x 10 and processed it with Kim's "Sunday" texture and a texture by "groundfloor," which I found on Flickr. I also did some basic edits that I do with virtually every photo I post/print (levels, sharpen, color balance, etc); merged the layers and clipped to a mask I created using edge brushes by "Skeletal Mess." Fonts for the quote are Elephant ("Heal," "Live," "Dream"), Euphemia ("the past," "the present," "the future") and First Impressions ("Mary Engelbreit").

TFL - klb




1 comment:

  1. I really like your version. The texture is really nice, is that Kim's or groundfloors? I really like it. I love the quote and how you presented it. Thank you for stopping by my blog. I'm looking forward to this year at Beyond.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping in to visit! I love hearing from my visitors, so please feel free to leave a comment anytime. Be Blessed!