Monday, February 4, 2013

Aperture Priority

This second challenge from Kim @ Beyond Beyond {now known as "2B"} is about using the aperture priority on our cameras, thus breaking out of the "auto" box on our cameras. Here's what Kim had to say --

"...Experiment with your camera. If you have yet to move out of Auto, perhaps now's the time. Pull out your manual and get familiar with your options. Google is your friend.
Set up a shot or pick a still subject, stand in one spot, switch over to Aperture Priority or AV, set your f/stop down to the lowest it will go, take a series of photos, bumping the f/stop...one stop at a time..... Move in a little closer and go through the series again. Download the images and view the DOF differences as you increased the f/stop settings and adjusted your distance.. "
Personally, I don't use the auto feature, but neither do I often shoot in AP mode. I took some indoor shots, beginning at my lowest F-stop and graduating three or four stops. Checked them out on the computer and wasn't happy with any of them, so I went outdoors and shot the decorated lilac bush in our front yard. Still not thrilled with the results, but decided to use them anyway. Here's my sample, below.



Kim also shared her "start-to-finish" process on an image of a bowl of pine cones. She encouraged us to download her image and play around with it, then share with the group. I will have to post my result(s) in another post, as I haven't completed this challenge, yet.

TFL - klb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in to visit! I love hearing from my visitors, so please feel free to leave a comment anytime. Be Blessed!