Thursday, February 7, 2013

Focal Points & Collages


"Today's Challenge --

Today I would love to see you experiment specifically with different focal points. Set up a shot...of course it can be a still life, a portrait, a nature shot....whatever you want to shoot. Focus on different areas in the scene. Select a collection of your favs (at least 3) and put it together in a lovely layout."


This is Kim's collage sample that she made using Lightroom 4. I have this program, but have yet to use it. Part of the reason I was excited to join up with Beyond Beyond {2B} was because Kim had stated that we would be using Lightroom more actively in this group. True to her word, we are doing just that, but watching her video tutorial today left me feeling a little lost... I think it's because I have nothing loaded into the "catalog" and therefore, when she speaks about importing tagged images and such for this project, I'm not on the same page, as all of my images are in Windows folders and files. Still, I'll play around with it and see if I can't figure it out.
Along with working on collages, our photography task is to try using various focal points of the same subject or grouping. I didn't get a chance to work on that today, but will try to in the coming days.

I'll post again soon!

-- klb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping in to visit! I love hearing from my visitors, so please feel free to leave a comment anytime. Be Blessed!